Were you wondering…? Here are the answers to some of our most common questions. If your question is not answered here, don’t hesitate to contact us.



Should we bring our bikes or can we rent them?

A: We have four-wheel turbo bikes for rent which are very popular. It is recommended to bring your own bikes and helmets if you wish to explore the area around Miller Lake or visit the near-by mountain bike trails at Lindsay Tract. Bike helmets must be worn in the park.

Do you have bike trails in the park?

A: We have a small network of walking and biking trails in our park, and there are excellent county biking trails close by. Biking on the roads around Miller Lake is also popular.


Is the water in the park safe to drink?

A: All our water is treated and tested regularly so feel free to bring your refillable water bottles. It is not recommended that you fill bottles from our washroom sink taps in case of contamination from dirty hands. There are a number of water taps throughout the park

Do we have to pay for showers?

A: Due to many concerns of excessive water use in our park over the last few years we have recently converted to coin-operated showers. Showers will be operated by loonie coins and will have a start-stop button on the timer so you can pause mid-shower to avoid feeling rushed.  A change machine is located in our central laundromat for your convenience. Thank you for your understanding.


What ages are your children’s programs geared towards?

A: We offer children, teen and family programs so there is something for everyone. Our children’s programs specifically are best suited for ages 5-10. Younger children are welcome but should be accompanied by an adult.

Is your beach sandy or rocky and is it safe to swim there?

A: Yes, we have a very safe and sandy beach which deepens gradually. We also have fun water toys and swimming floats. Water toys require life-jackets, so bring your own or rent one for the day.


Are there bears in the park?

A: We do not normally see bears in the park, however, we are in bear country so it is important that you take care with your food items and be sure not to leave food unattended. It is more likely that you will encounter a hungry racoon or chipmunk rather than a bear, but for the safety of all wildlife please be responsible and do not feed wild animals, keep your site clear of food and garbage, and secure all food items away at night or when your site is unattended.

You say no outside radios. Can we play music in our tent?

A: In order to help maintain a tranquil park where the sounds of nature can be heard anytime of day, we ask that no music be played or heard outside of your camping unit. Radios played quietly indoors are welcome.

How late can we arrive for check-in?

A: Our office closes at 9 p.m. daily. Anyone arriving after hours must make prior arrangements with our reservation office. We do have a night patroller on duty who can escort you to your site after hours, but please remember that other campers may be sleeping so set up quietly. No arrivals after 11 p.m.

Why do we have to pay extra for our children?

A: Our rates are based on two people with additional charges to reflect the number of persons per site, adults and children alike.

Your rules say only 2 adults per site. Can our older children (over 17) come and stay with us?

A: We are a family oriented campground so of course children over the age of 17 are allowed to stay with you on your site. We only allow however one family per site to lessen the environmental impacts of overcrowding a site.

Where is the nearest grocery store/beer store?

A: We have an extensive supply of groceries and RV/camping supplies on site. The LCBO and produce stores are a short drive to Lion’s Head or Tobermory.

Can we put up a tent next to the cottage?

A: We have some campsites in close proximity to our cottages, so if you wish to put up a tent we ask that you reserve a site so as not to overcrowd the cottage grounds.

Are we allowed to drink alcohol at your park?

A: Alcohol is permitted at your campsite but you are not permitted to walk through the park with open alcohol.

Can we walk to the Bruce Trail from the park?

A: The closest Bruce Trail access is within a 10 minute drive or 30 minute bike ride from our park, near Dyer’s Bay.

Can we bring our ATV’s?

A: ATV riding in the park is prohibited.

Is there group camping?

A: We do not have a designated group camping area. We are best able to accommodate groups in the spring and fall seasons.

How far ahead can I reserve?

A: We accept reservations a year in advance and it is highly recommended that you do so when renting our cottage and RV accommodations.

Can we run a generator on an unserviced site?

A: We have a number of sites with both 30 and 50 amp electrical service. Due to the noise of generators, we prefer that you reserve a site with electrical service if you require electricity.

We will have two tents on our site. Can we have a dining tent as well?

A: You are welcome to have a dining tent on your site in addition to the maximum two camping (sleeping) units per site.


Our family is coming to stay on multiple sites. Is there a place we can all get together for a potluck or BBQ?

A: Our recreation hall, equipped with a full kitchen facility and plenty of space for your group, is available to rent for private functions.

Check out for the cottages and B & B guests is 10 a.m. Can we have a late check-out?

A: Late checkouts may be available depending on upcoming reservations. If you wish to stay for the day, you are welcome to pay a small fee for day use but you may have to vacate your cottage so our housekeeping staff can prepare the unit for the next guests.

I am staying in a cottage. What kind of coffee filters should I bring?

A: Let us take care of that! We supply coffee filters in all our cottages.

Do we need a boating license to rent a boat?

A: Canadians are required by law to have a Pleasure Craft Operator Card or other form of ‘proof of competency.’ If you do not have an Operator’s Card you may fill out a Boat Safety Checklist (temporary proof of competency) which we provide at our boathouse. We encourage you to obtain a safe boating license (http://www.boaterexam.com/canada/) and always remember to boat safely.

We have a tent, are your sites grassy?

A: Due to our forest location, our sites are gravel-based and not grassy. If you are camping in a tent, it is recommended that you have a self-supporting tent that does not require pegs (rocks at the end of tent lines can be used as a substitute for pegs).  Also be sure to have a comfortable sleeping matress for the hard ground.